[amc] a note from the pastor

  • From: Garland Robertson <pastor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Austin Mennonite Church <amc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2008 10:21:20 -0500

I pray you are anticipating the future with confidence and contentment.

Circumstances do not create our destiny. Regardless of what is going on around us, in spite of the plans and actions of the wise and intelligent, the powerful and aggressive, we live in a bounded field where order and design will prevail. It is impossible for us to see this stability most of the time. We read about teenagers being shot by Israeli soldiers in the West Bank; we know about floods that disrupt and kill; we despair when we promote non violent solutions for conflict that have no impact on our government’s obsession to kill for oil. Yet the righteous ruler is coming. With gentleness and humility God will prevail. Let us dare to believe this. These thoughts will compose the sermon for this next Sunday, 'Being gentle and humble ..and okay with it.'

May it go well with you. Sincerely,