[amc] a note from the pastor

  • From: "garland robertson" <pastor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Austin Mennonite Church" <amc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 10:14:32 -0500

As our days unfold we encounter circumstances which bring to us both
encouragement and distress.  And we continue to discover what it means to
follow the risen Christ into our world filled with opportunity as well as
challenge.  From these kinds of experiences we learn more of God's
supervision of our lives and God's presence in the lives of those with whom
we walk.  This is the blessing of community, the context in which we are
called to spend ourselves to proclaim what we understand about God's
intention for the human family and the home God's creation provides to us.
Let us walk together in faithful response to God's love.

This next Sunday, the youth of the church will lead us in worship.  We will
contribute the offering received in this service to support the ministry of
our partner, Trinity Child Development Center.  I pray you will be able to
share this experience with us.