[amc] a note from the pastor

  • From: Garland Robertson <pastor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Austin Mennonite Church <amc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 13:08:41 -0500

I pray you are refreshed and encouraged as you continue your journey of faith.

What shifts in attitude and action might God be calling us to? Do we dare move in the direction that God is nudging us toward? Are we trusting God or doubting? Can we believe that God trusts us to be co-creators with God?

When Jesus was preparing to return to the Father, he promised his disciples they would not be without his presence. They would no longer see him in his body, yet they would know him in their spirits. Jesus has ascended, however he is not gone.

The scriptures scheduled for next Sunday are Luke 24:36-52, John 17:20-26, and Acts 1:1-11. Marlyn will be our preacher. Her sermon, Cloud of Presence, will focus on the ascension of Jesus following his resurrection.

I will be away from the office for my scheduled absence until next Wednesday, May 19.

May it go well with you.  Sincerely,
Garland robertson