[amc] a note from the pastor

  • From: Garland Robertson <pastor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Austin Mennonite Church <amc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 03 Apr 2010 08:04:37 -0500

I pray you are consoled in your spirit by the enduring compassion of God who walks with us in the light and in the darkness.

Easter morning will come soon. We will sing our alleluia’s again! In this gospel narrative, are we like Mary, filled with wonder and joy? Or, are we like the disciples, scornful and doubtful of the good news that God can make all things new? Grieving all that has gone wrong, we meet Jesus, who sends us out to tell the deeper truth of God’s plan to make all things new. Like Mary, we speak in a new voice, recounting the stories of resurrection we see around us.

The scriptures we will consider Easter morning are Isaiah 65:17-25; John 20:1-18; and Acts 10:34-46. Thoughts prompted by these passages will compose the sermon, 'Love and truth are never lost.'

During our worship together, the Woman's chorus will sing, 'In the still of the morning' by Ruth Artman, and the Men's chorus will sing 'Still, still with thee' written by Harriet Beecher Stowe.

Also we will share communion together, a sign of the presence of Jesus with us still, and eat our community meal following worship.

May it go well with you. Sincerely,