[amc] a note from the pastor

  • From: Garland Robertson <pastor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Austin Mennonite Church <amc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Dec 2009 19:32:26 -0600

I pray you are enriched by the celebration of Christmas and blessed with joy and good cheer.

The entire cosmos is filled with praise! In dramatic contrast to the fears named in Advent 1, now we witness the whole cosmos integrated in an enormous liturgy of worship: the heavens and the angels, the sun, moon, and stars, all that dwell in the sea, and the mountains, and the air, all people--men and women, young and old, “Praise the Lord!”

This next Sunday we too will share together a celebration of the birth of Jesus in Bethlehem long ago, but not that far away. We will hear the traditional New Testament passages introducing Jesus and sing many carols familiar to us at Christmas time. Jenny and Angie have prepared a duet of 'Gesu Bambino' to sing for us. I look forward to experiencing this day with you.

May it go well with you. Sincerely,