[amc] a note from the pastor

  • From: Garland Robertson <pastor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Austin Mennonite Church <amc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 16:27:27 -0500

I pray you are strengthened in your hearts and spirits as you contemplate the circumstances Jesus engaged and the consequences of his passion for communion with God.

Are we committed to the wisdom of financial gurus? Do we think about our possessions and wealth more than we think about God? What or whom do we long for? With words sweeter than honey, God brings order out of chaos, wisdom out of foolishness. We respond in trust, following God’s way of sacrifice instead of seeking human power and prestige.

The sermon, 'Crooked ways made straight,' will be composed from texts of Exodus 20:1-17, John 2:13-22, and 1Corinthians 1:18-25.

May it go well with you. Sincerely,