[amc] a note from the pastor

  • From: Garland Robertson <pastor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Austin Mennonite Church <amc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2008 19:22:36 -0600

Next Sunday we will continue our Advent journey together.

As people of faith, we live in the paradox of God bringing comfort to the brokenhearted while also upsetting those who are comfortable with the status quo. Where in our lives are we content with the status quo? In what ways is God pushing us beyond our ‘comfort zone’? Can we trust God with ourselves?

When we are most vulnerable, God comes to us through a voice offering comfort and direction. We reflect God’s face as we heed the voice that unites righteousness and peace.

The texts that will be used in the worship service are Isaiah 40:1-11 and Mark 1:1-8. The sermon will focus on the different way of seeing God the prophet Isaiah and Mark introduce to their audiences.

And during our community meal we will celebrate communion, as the early church practiced this observance.

May it go well with you. Sincerely,