[amc] a note from the pastor

  • From: "garland robertson" <pastor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Austin Mennonite Church" <amc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2007 10:48:48 -0600

I pray you are content in your spirit and fulfilled in your heart.

All of us have a natural curiosity about details associated with where we
came from before our birth as well as circumstances awaiting us after we
die.  Ancient ones lamented this mystery without managing to discover any
certainties that define eternity-that reality outside the human capacity to
observe and understand.  And yet there is a continual perception among those
who in the past struggled with this ambiguity: the loving kindness of the
creator God never ends-it endures forever.  But that is not all.  Humans
through the ages have sensed an unexplainable participation in eternity, a
quiet mystical connection with the divine spirit which is present to enliven
the creation.  Certain occurrences testify of a foundational dimension of
the human experience that reaches beyond our physical adventure on earth.
There is even noticeable counsel inside us with regard to how individual
behaviors might impact human existence in the future, signifying that the
way we live today will somehow work to fashion the character of life we will
inherit, whether in the next lifetime, .or in the next moment.  Secrets in
our hearts rise again to expose the truth to us.  These thoughts will
compose the sermon for next Sunday, 'Returning to life.'