[amc] Re: Women's Group this Thurs.( May 4) is at Heidi's house - just this once!

  • From: Janice Friesen <janicef@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Heidi Ratzlaff Xiong <heidi.ratzlaff.xiong@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <amc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 20:12:00 -0500

Heidi,

I am sorry to say that my first reaction to the Mother¹s Day idea was mixed.
First I thought that since Heidi was suggesting something it would be good
because she is very creative.  However, I am glad that you noticed how many
mothers were seriously involved in making youth Sunday work (although the
youth did a fantastic job!!) In a short two weeks I don¹t think that many of
us feel ready to take the responsibility and do it again.  That is just my
opinion... and is even less meaningful since I will not be here, but in
California with my own mother on that day.  So, take it for what it is
worth.

That being said, I think that the youth doing the fifth Sunday was a very
positive thing and I do like the idea of different groups of the church
taking turns on 5th Sundays.  Steve and I have been traveling SO much at
such weird times this year that I think strangely enough we will be here in
July.  Someone mentioned having a Hymn-sing for the July Sunday which sounds
like a great idea.  There are so many great contributions from women in our
church in the area of music.

I am sorry that I will not be able to come on Thursday since this week we
will be in Chicago (part of this very weird traveling year).  So, I thought
I would put my two cents in this way.  I hope you have a great meeting!

Janice

JPEG image