[amc] Great News!! Steve is out of ICU and back on the 3rd floor

  • From: pat hochstetler <srh2pjh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: vhamann <vhamann@xxxxxxxxxx>, kcalmond <kcalmond@xxxxxxxxx>, amc <amc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, sheca_sheca <sheca_sheca@xxxxxxxxx>, "donna.duerksen" <donna.duerksen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, glinatsisi <glinatsisi@xxxxxxxxx>, norris0416 <norris0416@xxxxxxxxx>, cathymorg <cathymorg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Natalie <Natalie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, rzrback_99 <rzrback_99@xxxxxxxxxxx>, cyndyreid12 <cyndyreid12@xxxxxxxxx>, headspeed <headspeed@xxxxxxxxxxx>, daryl <daryl@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, carrie <carrie@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, gailsmail000 <gailsmail000@xxxxxxxxx>, "phil.hochstetler" <phil.hochstetler@xxxxxxxxx>, mahvha <mahvha@xxxxxxxxx>, sunshine2199 <sunshine2199@xxxxxxxxx>, capatter <capatter@xxxxxxxxx>, rvoran <rvoran@xxxxxxx>, jsw69intadv <jsw69intadv@xxxxxxxxxxx>, rebeccarmt <rebeccarmt@xxxxxxxxx>, earthandwatermassage <earthandwatermassage@xxxxxxxxx>, ldiener789 <ldiener789@xxxxxxxxxx>, ddiener <ddiener@xxxxxxxxxx>, bkmandlem <bkmandlem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, nclifehealth <nclifehealth@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "sanchez.rafael" <sanchez.rafael@xxxxxxxxx>, rossgr <rossgr@xxxxxxxxxx>, rchoch <rchoch@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, sahhrh <sahhrh@xxxxxxxxx>, snmartin <snmartin@xxxxxxxxx>, drohrer123 <drohrer123@xxxxxxxxx>, janemarawar <janemarawar@xxxxxxxxx>, millerms <millerms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, chulce <chulce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, peanut_shows <peanut_shows@xxxxxxxxx>, jamielwelch <jamielwelch@xxxxxxxxx>, linda <linda@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, ceilmach3 <ceilmach3@xxxxxxxxx>, "rick.mach" <rick.mach@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, libharris <libharris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, ctwo <ctwo@xxxxxxxxxx>, "corine.ross" <corine.ross@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 23:42:42 -0500

We have great news to share tonight.  Steve was transferred from the
Intensive Care Unit to the 3rd floor heart ward this afternoon.  His room is
393.  I didn't write down the telephone number for the phone in his room.
He wins the hug'n'kiss!  He was still really quick in getting out of ICU
ahead of other patients who had heart surgery on the same day.  Please
continue to pray for his body to be strengthened so that more healing can
occur.

While in ICU, it was harder for Steve to doing the breathing exercises and
to feel comfortable.  Now he can suck up to 2000!  Of course these
excercises also loosen up the fluid in his lungs.  He's been able to get
that moving out of his body with small coughs.  We found out tonight that
one of his medications actually inhibits a coughing fit.  He should feel
more confident that he can cough without losing control.  Please continue to
pray that he will trust his body enough to cough strongly.

Tonight, after dinner, he felt much clearer in his head and more like a real
person again.  He is much more comfortable than when in ICU.  We expect that
each day he will continue to improve.  I can rest easy knowing that in
addition to God's hands, Jim is his nurse tonight.  He's in really good
hands tonight.  He was going to sleep as I left his room around 10:15 pm.

We really appreciate alll your prayers and e-mails, flowers, etc.  If you
e-mailed me and I haven't responded to you personally, I apologize.  Please
know that your e-mails are getting to me.  It really means a lot to have so
many friends who care for Steve and me.

If you need to get any information to Steve quickly, please call my cell
phone 512.461.2936.   Thanks again!!

With Christ's Love,
Pat (and Steve)