[amc] Fwd: [windsorpark] Interreligious Thanksgiving Service

  • From: "gloria neunaber" <gloneunaber@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, greg.neunaber@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 22:27:16 +0000

----Original Message Follows---- From: Barbara Selgestad <wowedit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> To: <windsorpark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject: [windsorpark] Interreligious Thanksgiving Service Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 16:24:21 -0600

Interreligious Thanksgiving Celebration
Come experience the joy of diversity and love!
THIS SUNDAY!!!

2:30pm Barsana Dham Hindu Temple, 400 Barsana Road Children's Activities Face Painting, World Religions Bookmarks,World Games Table (Chess, Checkers, Mancala), We Are One Family Key Chains, Bag Decorating, "Bee" Bag Toss (Prizes), "Plant Seeds of Kindness" Necklaces, Fishing Game (Prizes), Thank You Card Creations, Bracelet Making and a Tattoo Parlor A reception and fellowship time will follow the service.

An Austin Tradition for the past 18 years, the Thanksgiving Service brings
together people from many different faith traditions, each year in a
different house of worship.  The event celebrates both unity as God's people
and diversity of religious tradition.  As in past years the day will
comprise Protestants, Catholics, Baha'is, Hindu's, Muslims, Jews, Sikh's and
Buddhists but this year there will be something different.  All of the
expressions of faith will be given by Austin's children.   They come
together as faith communities to celebrate being brothers and sisters, to
sing, to dance and to give thanks for our many blessings.

At its core, Thanksgiving is an act of humility and we have so much to be
thankful for.  We have been showered by our Creator with abundant gifts of
love, forgiveness and grace.  We look forward to this time when we can
celebrate together as One World - One Family.

As has been a tradition at the service, an offering will be collected to
support AAIM Programs.  This has been Austin Area Interreligious Ministries
most successful year ever.  We have served more of Austin's than in any
other year of our history.  AAIM has engaged in unprecedented dialogues,
reconciling people of different racial and religious backgrounds and we have
greeted leaders from around the world to give them a first hand experience
of the power of interreligious cooperation.  At the same time we have been
very hard hit by the downturn in the economy and our needs for community
support are very great.  Your contribution to help the elderly facing a
winter in substandard living conditions, to assist a youth in learning life
values that will help them live a life of joy and to support people fleeing
from war torn countries will make all the difference in the world.

The above is from Austin Area Interreligious Ministries.
barb

Barbara Selgestad
Window On Windsor
wowedit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx