[amayausers.com] Re: wrinkles

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 12:11:46 UT

This message was posted by YDCustom on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/2/1290.html#000001

Maybe these aren't the "right" answers, but they're working for me on similar
material (linen tablecloths).

First, check your stitch density.  I generally use the Fabric Adjust settings
in Design Shop.
Second, UNDERLAY!  I usually use an edge walk if I'm worried about puckering,
as it seems to stabilize the fabric best.
Third, Hooping/Stabilizing.  Make sure that you're hooping nice and tight with
no wrinkles.  You may need to experiment with backing.  We've been using 2.5oz
tearaway but I'm not completely happy with it.  I like sticky backing a bit
better but I've heard that it can be not so great for the machine.
Fourth, check the width of your stitches. I find I have a worse problem with
wrinkles if my satin stitches get longer than .4 inches.

I still have to iron the bejeebers out of it but those things help.  I've also
found that our iron doesn't make enough steam to really flatten out those
wrinkles.  I got a spray bottle and give the area a light spritz (not soaking
but definitely damp) and then iron it.