[amayausers.com] Re: where do you store your designs

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 23:21:24 UT

This message was posted by Big Dog on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/3/485/3.html#000035

QUOTE: ----- Originally posted by Rod or Sharon:
 Big Dog,

It makes me a bit nervous when I see statements like, "Main hard drive has a
folder called "Designs" included in this folder are subfolders "Customer files"
"My files" "Designs by catagory" "Designs by company", the external drive has
an exact copy of the same data.". In your case you are backing this up on an
external harddrive, which is good.

But, when the Melco software is installed, it installs a folder on the
harddrive called "Designs". If items are added to this folder, regardless
whether or not they are in sub folders, they can be lost if the software has to
be reloaded or it gets corrupted, a clean un-install is preformed or an Upgrade
is purchased.

It would be better to create a folder, separate and apart, from Melco's Design
folder, on the hard drive like "My Designs", etc......

Rod Springer
Amay Tech & Trainer  ----- Oops let me clairify. The
"Designs" folder is one that I created on "E" drive( my main hard drive with
the Windows OS). E:/Designs/Customer files or E:/My files etc. This folder is
not part or parcel of the Melco software and not under Program Files. This
folder and it's contents have been around longer than I've had my Amaya machine
or software, from the old days of my Pfaff and Janome machines.
And yes the external drive is simply a backup drive of everything I have stored
on "C" drive "D" drive and "E" drive excluding the OS.
Basically a home built system running three internal hard drives and the
external drive for a back-up.