[amayausers.com] Re: where do you store your designs

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 22:28:57 UT

This message was posted by JTB Embroidery Services, Inc. on AmayaUsers.com.
PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA EMAIL. Instead, respond to the thread on the WEBSITE by
clicking here:
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/3/485/3.html#000034

I don't see what the big deal is with where you store your completed embroidery
files that you are going to send to your Amaya. There is nothing that I can
find that says you HAVE to use the Designs folder that DesignShop creates for
saving files for anything. I look at it this way, It is my computer, I will put
the files where I choose to. In my case, I run a networked operation. I have my
sewing shop in the far corners of the basement of my house. In that room there
is two Amaya machines 1 computer and all supporting hardware and accessories.
That computer has Amaya OS loaded on it. My computer I use for DesignShop is on
the 1st floor where I can see the light of day. I have a hybrid network
(Windows/Macintosh) and use that network to transfer completed sew files from
the DesignShop computer to a file system created on a secondary hard drive
inside the computer that runs the sewing machines. I have ALL of my pattern
files on that hard drive and they are backed up Monthly to
  DVD-ROM. I make two copies each time I back them up for safety. I use an iMac
Dual Core 3.06 GHz 24 inch computer for doing my backups (and yes, they are
still usable when and if I have to restore them on the Windows computer). This
backup is also accomplished via the network.
I don't think I have looked in the C:/Designs folder since 2004 for any designs
I think I might want. I used some of them as examples when I first got started
with commercial embroidery for a few months to practice with.
Bottom Line: Put the files where you can access them and load them into the
Amaya. If you do use the C:/Designs folder, back it up regularly or you might
lose it.

Just my opinion, take it for what it is worth.

Regards,

Douglas J. Parker
JTB Embroidery Services, Inc.
Denver, CO 80219-4319