[amayausers] Re: tshirt embroidery

  • From: "Roland R. Irish III" <signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 11:25:21 -0500

I wouldn't bother...unless it is a super heavyweight tee, double the
normal thickness of plain tees.
Unless you use a ton of backing, it is going to pucker right up bad!
And regular weight teeshirts...I've tried-
it just looks terrible-no matter what.
Now, there have been several that posted before about using the
'mesh' backing-and had good results.
But I don't remember what quality shirts. Teeshirts (standard, for
screenprinting) go from 5.2 to 6.5 oz- Walmart, etc.
sells 4.5 oz weight-I have handkerchiefs heavier than that.
Some 'premium' tees will go up to 9 oz but hard to find. Those are
heavy enough for decent work.
So if the people having good luck would let us know what 'weight'
shirts and how much backing-it would be a big help!
Roland