[amayausers.com] Re: 'travel' pay

  • From: "Kushnerick" <bkushner@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2007 12:26:43 -0600

All good advice Hugo.

Anytime someone is looking to purchase a machine, it is very important that we
understand exactly what we are agreeing to before signing on the dotted line.
Take the time to carefully read things like warranties and lease terms before
saying yes ..... and what we don't completely understand, we have to get
clarified.

In this day and age, many warranties are not worth much more than the paper
they are written on [not suggesting that is the case with Melco], so it is
important to know exactly what the warranty does and more important, does not
cover.  Do not judge a warranty simply by the length [2, 3 or 5 year] because
without knowing the details, a 5 year warranty may actually provide less
coverage than something like a 2 or 3 year warranty.

Before we make a purchase is when we have the greatest power, so if we want or
need something specific [like free training, a deal on extra hoops or thread,
etc.] .... that is the time to ask. If the sales rep says no, then the buyer
has the option of saying no to the purchase.

One final point. There are some very helpful and knowledgeable sales people
around but like any other profession, some are better than others .... so make
the effort to find the ones that don't mind going that extra mile for their
customers.

Bob

.
  ----- Original Message ----- AM
  Subject: [amayausers.com] Re: 'travel' pay

  Hello Everyone

  Just would like to point out that Melco just like any other company can and
does change policies from time to time. For example the warranties on new
machines were 2 years when the amaya was first introduced, and the extended
warranty was yearly after that.

  Now the warranty on new machines is currently at 5 year limited. Travel/Zone
charges, what is or is not covered and even whether a tech is sent to install
the machine is dependent on many factors.

  If you have any questions related to your machine(s) you really should
contact Melco. The warranty that one customer got a couple of years ago may not
apply now.

  What is most important is what does your warranty cover, Melco is the only
one that can answer that correctly.

  Hugo

  See what's new at http://www.aol.com