[amayausers.com] Re: thread shreading

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 16:37:35 UT

This message was posted by Rod or Sharon on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/520.html#000002

We need more information to be of any real help but my first thought is that
you may have your needle turned too far to either the right or left.  When
inserting your needle, use the indention down the front of the needle to line
it up--not the eye.  We use a small, lighted magnifying glass.  Insert your
needle either straight on or slightly (5-10 degrees) to the right. NEVER to the
left.  Is what happens if the needle is to the left, is that when the needle
starts its 1 degree rise, the thread is pinched with the fabric causing a small
bubble. At that exact moment, the hook has to go through that little bubble.
If the needle is not turned properly, it will either miss the bubble or hit the
thread causing either a break or a frey.

If this isn't the problem, then we need to know more about the design you are
sewing--small columns, etc, fabric, stabilizer being used, speed you are
stitching, etc.
Sharon