[amayausers.com] Re: thread breaks, etc

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 20:49:03 UT

http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/946.html#000013

I don't see if you said how many thousand stitches you were doing with this
thread/color...but here's something to try-pull off about 15 feet of thread and
throw it away-start again and see what happens. Once in awhile we get spools of
thread we haven't used in eons, or 'test' spools we haven't tried before-and
the first 'layer' of thread may be dry, contaminated, or coated in dust or
something you can't see. Throwing away 15 feet gets you into 'clean'
thread...and if it still does it and different thread on the same needle
doesn't...you've narrowed it down to the spool of thread you are holding as the
problem.