[amayausers.com] Re: thread breaks due to bobbin I think

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 04:09:43 UT

This message was posted by drose700 on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/1/1218.html

The last few weeks or so I've had numerous needle breaks for no apparent
reason.  It seems that almost every time one breaks, the bobbin thread is
wrapped around the lever that you grab onto to pull it out of the bobbin case.
This locks the bobbin therefore breaking the needle.  Is this a problem with
the bobbin case itself?  Seems like it is happening with both of my bobbin
cases.  I just ordered 2 new ones but haven't gotten them yet.  Or does this
sound like another issue?  It happens on any and all designs, even something as
simple as an outline stitch for applique or a 1" name done in satin stitch.