[amayausers] Re: thead breaks

  • From: "Debra Hahn" <dhahn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 19:05:33 -0500

Houston, Texas!

Debby

        -----Original Message-----
        From: amayausers-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:amayausers-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of HK Acree
        Sent: Monday, July 18, 2005 2:29 PM
        To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
        Subject: [amayausers] Re: thead breaks

        Where are you located?

        Herb

                ----- Original Message -----
                From: Debra Hahn <mailto:dhahn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
                Sent: Monday, July 18, 2005 12:23 PM

                        Hello to all!

                        My name is Debby and I own a home based
embroidery business.  I own TWO Amaya machines bought in July 2003.
This is my first "posting " to this web site and I have been reading
every posting trying to learn as much as I can about the Amaya's.
Although I own the equipment I have only recently started trying to
learn the embroidery side of the business.  My partners were responsible
for doing the actual embroidery in the past and are no longer involved
in the business (sigh)...so it' pretty much a "one woman" show at the
moment.

                        I am trying to decide whether to sell the
machines or to "learn the trade" myself.  I am absolutely OVERWHELMED by
what I have to learn in order to continue this business.  So, if anyone
is interested in acquiring my equipment I would definitely consider the
offer.  I am scheduled to attend a training session this week.

                        In the meantime...

                        I would like to know how I can tell if I have
the newer hook assembly that has been mentioned in this e-mail.

                        Secondly, I struggle with thread breaks on
PIQUET shirts (60/40 blend).  I can sew out the same logo on denim or
backing or twill without a problem but as soon as I try to put a simple
two line text logo on this particular shirt I have MULTIPLE thread
breaks despite adjusting tension, needle depth, changing needles,
changing thread, etc.

                        I have not tried using Solvy on piquet...I'm
going to try that next to see if that helps.

                        Any suggestions on why I would have numerous
thread breaks on a piquet 60/50 blend shirt but not on another material
would be most appreciated.

                        I have already learned a great deal from your
postings.  Thank you.  Perhaps one day I will be able to give back to
the group.

                        Debby