[amayausers] Re: thead breaks

  • From: "Rod or Sharon" <springer37@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 14:23:11 -0600

MessageDebra

  To see if you have a "newer style" rotary hook assembly you must first remove
the needle plate from the machine. You must then rotate the machine while
watching the top side of the rotary hook until some embossed lettering appears.
If it is a "newer" hook it will have a small 3/4 circle with the letter "M"
inside of it and then right next to that will be a small "oval" with the word
"Melco" written inside of it.

  If this is not there then it will not be a newer style of hook.....this does
not mean the ones that you are presently running are bad or defective,
etc......Rotary hooks are a wearable item and/or may be damaged by a broken
needle or lack of proper oiling.....

  Rod Springer

  Embroidery Cottage
  Rod & Sharon Springer