[amayausers] Re: suggestion for Melco

  • From: "Jeff Banks" <banksje@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 08:41:23 -0600

Steve,

Melco used to have some areas of discussion and Bulletin Boards set up. There was actually zero or very little activity on them so they were discontinued. I think that people shy away from a company run BBS or list feeling it is run with the "big brother" effect and I tend to agree with that. A company running a BBS and putting their resources into maintaining it is going to also feel that they should be able to control the flow and tempo of it. That is why I think this group has been such a success. It is not sponsored by Melco and is run by an Amaya owner who has been in the embroidery business for years. Melco people participate but do not control the tempo or ambience of it.

There is a discussion list on Yahoo Groups on Design Shop and EDSIV called the MelcoEDS Group and is at http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/MelcoEDS/ that is run by Janel Harris. You can also go to Yahoo Groups and do a search on MelcoEDS to find information on it. Janel is a Beta site for Melco Design Shop and has been digitizing with Design Shop for years. I see posts on this site on all topics, not just Design Shop.

The Melco Service WEB site has some information that might be of interest to you on the EMT10T machine. There is some troubleshooting guides etc. There is information there on most of the older Melco products and also some FAQ stuff on Amaya and Design Shop. The Melco Service WEB site is at www.Melco-Service.com.

There are many other Embroidery related mailing groups and lists on the Internet as well. Yahoo Groups is full of them, mostly Home oriented, but there are a couple of the commercial related one as well. You might want to consider some of these for embroidery related information not necessarily Melco specific.

Try:
http://www.embroiderylist.com/
http://www.embroideryline.net

Sincerely,