[amayausers.com] Re: slim line or TCS

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2010 15:19:41 UT

This message was posted by Chris & Cindy on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/1/968.html#000002

I have a Slim Line system and I only use once in a while.  While you can hoop
on the machine to save time and effort I find that I get a lot of "flagging"
because you can't get the material tight enough.  You also have to make 100%
sure that you keep the frame clamped all the time because with the arm up it
poses a danger of catching the wiper bar and causing you to have a needle drop.
 This happened to me once and I've not used it much since.  My opinion is the
Slim Line isn't worth the cost.  But that's just me.