[amayausers.com] Re: sewing on veil mesh?

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 14:28:17 UT

This message was posted by TinaK on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/305.html#000001

Roland:

   You will probably want to use a water soluable for your stabilizer and I
would just do everything the same so like a 75/11 needle and 40wt thread and it
should be ok.  I just tried sewing on screen door mesh last week and I used
water soluable and ran the design as usual.  The one thing is with mesh is
where there is the holes your design will actually move to the line closest to
it so you wont get a clean design as if you were sewing on fabric.

  You could also put the design on organza with a water soluable and then sew
the design on the veil as well.

  Here is a link to the screen door sample I did last week.

 http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL1830/8036788/17388766/284953102.jpg

  Hope that helps and good luck!