[amayausers.com] Re: sewing on veil mesh?

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 14:19:19 UT

http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/305.html

Okay, my turn to ask for help. I have a sample of very fine mesh from training
class of gold metallic thread on 'veil' mesh-like a wedding veil. I don't have
to use metallic thread-that stuff is just too much of a pain. I want to
decorate with white thread and add flowers, etc. on veil material to attach to
wedding stuff. Custom names, dates-etc.
Anyone know how it's done so there is no backing?
I have a Big Red, not an XT and need to do a lot of this.
Not a clue where to start for backing, thread, density, etc.
I know it looks great when it's done right.
Roland