[amayausers] Re: sewing on hats

  • From: "Steve Cohen" <steve20832@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2006 18:57:07 -0400

Make sure the cap is hooped evenly (Look at cap brim spacing on both sides
when it is hooped.) Ask your salesperson if you can trade in the Wide angle
cap frame (WACF) for the Conventional cap frame (CCF) Most people don't
embroider the sides of caps anyways and it will hold the cap tighter. If
your salesperson won't do a trade, Melco Mart sells them for around $200
each (You can buy one to start with but 2 is very handy.) I use cap frames
made by EMS Hooptech (Aftermarket brand) who uses teeth to hold the caps
tight and keeps them from shifing but sometimes I have small holes in the
caps from the teeth. I would stick with the Melco brand.

Steve

From: "Cindy Chamberlin" <ImpressiveThreads@xxxxxxx>
To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [amayausers] sewing on hats
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 13:47:34 -0700

I know this is probably operator, ( me), error in hooping but for the life
of me I can not get my designs sewed on hats level. The design always looks
like it is tilled upward towards the outside corners, particularly the right
side of the cap. This is the side that is closest to the buckle on the WACF
cap frame.  Even when I appears that I have caught the entire bill on the
hat and looks hooped straight I get that upward tilt of the design. Should I
be manipulating the design somehow to allow for the downward arc of the hat?
If I get the bill completely straight then I seem to have trouble with that
right side in getting the metal band to hold on that corner of the bill.
Anybody else having this issue or has found a cure?

Cindy Chamberlin

Impressive Threads Custom Embrodiery

  Ofc: 623-879-9761

Cell: 602-710-0887