[amayausers.com] Re: running dsv9 without adjust cables

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2009 14:56:51 UT

This message was posted by levelbest on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/706.html#000002

CJK-

Here's my advice on this.  It depends on the age of your machines and whether
you have noticed any sew quality issues.

On our original Amaya, I started to notice some issues running at higher speeds
- especially that column width was wider on one machine than the other and the
sew quality was not as good.

So, I finally took the time and checked out the tension of the cables on both
machines I own (now 3 as of last weekend - woo hoo!) - and tension on the first
machine I bought was way off.  I mean seriously off to the point where I was
kicking myself for not checking it sooner.  We've had that machine since 2003.
The second machine was only slightly off.

Bottom line is that it definately can't hurt to check it.  Our original machine
is sewing like new again and my wife is very happy.  I'd swear I heard
somewhere that within the first few years of use, most machines should have the
cables tensioned - because a significant percentage loosen after the break in
period (but my memory could be wrong).