[amayausers.com] Re: recovering embroidery files

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2010 12:37:43 UT

http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/3/552.html#000004

Go for the easiest and cheapest...just have a second hard drive installed in
your 'tower', and store your customer files on that as you create them. If
anything goes wrong with your COMPUTER (motherboard, program, etc.) this hard
drive can be taken out in seconds and installed in a new computer-it isn't
going to be affected by a problem with your computer since it is a separate
unit.
Been there, done that...and when I got the XT and had to upgrade to newer
computer, the computer guy just downloaded the files to a new second hard drive
(old enough original it wouldn't work in a new tower) and I didn't lose
anything.
Although there is ONE file I have lost in all these years...no where to be
found. All I can think of it got saved under the wrong name and we can't find
it using any search!