[amayausers.com] Re: question for tech

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2007 18:20:34 UT

This message was posted by The Embroidery Authority on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE
DO NOT REPLY VIA EMAIL. Instead, respond to the thread on the WEBSITE by
clicking here:
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/278.html#000002

Debbie,
One might think that to cut a piece of thread, all you need to do is squeeze a
pair of scissors.  Although this is true, the process by which a thread is cut
on an embroidery machine, particularily the Amaya XT, is a very involved
process.  Fascinating if you ask me.
However, if many different factors are not correct, then the ending result is
the thread not being cut.
If you've checked everything you know how to check, you might want to consider
having a tech look at your machine.  Some folks might consider this to be
costly, but in reality, not only would you get your machine fixed, the tech
could also lubricate all those areas of your machine you don't know need
lubrication and also teach you a thing or two about how your trimmer system
works so that if this ever happens again, you might be able to troubleshoot it
yourself.
Not to mention, it's wise to set some money aside every month, $50 to $100 per
head, so that when the inevitable service call is needed, it won't hit your
pocket book as hard.
Every embroidery company has technicians so don't be upset with Melco or the
Amaya as this is simply part of commercial embroidery..- also this fact is
rarely considered when someone starts thier embroidery business.
My wife and I, too, learned the hard way which was one motivating factor for me
becoming a tech.
Ed Orantes