[amayausers.com] Re: pressure foot

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2007 13:09:56 UT

http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/217.html#000001

Good morning...do you mean no vertical movement up or down
off the material?
Did you start at the adjustment/centering 'head down' position as though you
were checking the needle placement? This is a good way to 'see' movement
because there is nothing in the way-center the needle, then turn the pressure
foot dial all the way up, then all the way down. There really isn't much
movement-I don't even think a quarter inch total. But if there is no movement
here,it's time for a tech! If you do see movement here but not when you are
adjusting it with something in the hoop-it may just be time for new glasses. No
kidding-I had to have 'lens replacement' surgery this summer my eyes got so bad
and it made a huge difference. I couldn't see any  movement at all when I was
trying to set things. Also, never adjust the dial while sewing-have it
'stopped' to adjust it.