[amayausers] Re: .opf files

  • From: "Ed Orantes" <e3m@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 04:13:19 -0500

Hey Jo,
        There you go.  Thanks Jeff.

Ed

-----Original Message-----
From: amayausers-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:amayausers-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Jeff Banks
Sent: Wednesday, August 23, 2006 9:21 AM
To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amayausers] Re: .opf files

Hi Steve,

The OPF file stands of Object Picture File. ED is partly right, as he has
EPF which are Expanded Picture Files. All file formats saved by Design Shop
or Amaya OS have a picture file associated with them. Normally these files
are marked as Hidden Files and will only show up in Windows Explorer if the
"Show Hidden Files" is on in Windows. These files supply the thumb nail
picture of the OFM, EXP, DST etc. files to Windows Explorer and Melco
software so you can get an idea of what the design looks like. Older Melco
software made and used the OPF files, the newer Design Shop will use them
when reading them in as an older file, but if you open the older file in
Design Shop and SAVE it as a newer type of file, then OPF file is no longer
needed. The newer versions of Melco software do not need picture files of
newer format OFM type of files. In the newer Design Shop, the picture or
thumb nail is embedded into the OFM file.

 All other formats like the EPF files for expanded, DSTS for DST or Tajima
files etc. still need to have the picture files. They should not be deleted.
If they are deleted, the only thing that happens is you no longer get a
picture for their Icon in Windows Explorer or Design Shop when doing an Open
File.

 Sincerely,
 Jeff Banks
 Melco Embroidery Systems