[amayausers] Re: not head up

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 00:05:27 UT

http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/210.html#000001

ouch...you could have a problem.
Hopefully one of the techs will jump in quick...I can only tell you what
happened to us...
first couple times-it was out of 'oil' on the needle bar and it seized
up...took some time to get oil down it, and WITH THE MACHINE SHUT OFF I reached
up inside the belly of the beast above the hoop bar, and you can feel the motor
shaft there...manually turn it carefully to free up the needle bar. I did this
with a tech on the phone glued to my ear...then we oiled and oiled and oiled.
Now they say 20 drops of oil, not 8!
The last time it did it-started with a very painful and expense sounding
'kathunk' and the reciprcating cam follower doohickey snapped in half-it's
hiding behind the removeable panel to the left of the needle bar. Had the
service tech on the phone for this one-and as soon as I said "I see 2
pieces'...he said...I'll be up in 2 days with a new part. Warranty is so nice
to have!
So I hope you have problem 1 and not problem 2!