[amayausers.com] Re: needle stuck down

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 14:47:13 UT

http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/851.html#000008

Back in the prehistoric days of the original BIg Red we had, it wasn't too long
after we got it going in the middle of a 150 piece order that one needle shaft
got stuck down and we couldn't move it for anything. Dick (now gone) helped me
over the phone, I had heard horrible noises before it got stuck and he figured
it was lack of oil on the 'shaft pads' that heated up and stuck it. With his
phone help, removed the needle, opened the front panel, and oiled the shafts
top and bottom several times and let it soak in. Kept trying to turn the shaft
until the oil finally made it through and the shaft turned, then up came the
rod. Went through full maintainence, and he said to double the amount of oil
put into the keyhole (this was before tech service determined it HAD to be
done) and also oiled the shafts. Problem solved-it was the heat of using only 4
needles repeatedly for long hours that dried up the oil around the shafts.
Learned to move thread cones around and add extra oil, e
 tc.