[amayausers] Re: need help with software

  • From: "Sharon" <springer37@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Jul 2004 09:58:51 -0600

Vicki,
A couple of things. When was the last time the thread rollers were checked,
do they have cuts or grooves worn in them. This will cause thread breaks
every single time!!

When did you buy your AMAYA? Has the rotary hook ever been replaced? Are you
experiencing thread fraying before the break?
I would take and educated guess and say that if you were not having thread
breaks with your present software prior to the start of this problem, it
should not be the culprit.

Have you checked the bobin case very cafully to see that there is not a
hidden piece of thread in there?

When the machine is running, do you hear a distinct rattling noise in the
bobbin case area? With the bobbin  case removed, take hold of the center
spindle and move it around, it can have a slight movement, but excessibe
play to where you can make it rattle,( for lack of a better word), is an
indication that the rotary hook needs to be replaced. You can load the
rotary hook up with a squirt of oil to see if the rattling goes away
momentarily, which is another quick check.

 What speeds are you running at now?--in the past? What thread are you using
and what size needles? Are the needles lined up properly(straight ahead or
maximum 5 to 10 degrees to the right)?

 Does it thread break on all designs you are sewing?

As you can see, the more information we can get  can/will/help lead to a
probable cause for your problem and hopefully a solution  that will get you
sewing again.

Rod Springer
Melco Trained Technician
(We also do Design Shop Pro+ digitizing)
Boise, ID
(208) 938-3038
springer37@xxxxxxxxxxxx