[amayausers] Re: metallic threads

  • From: "Roland R. Irish III" <signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2005 16:56:42 -0400

We've been playing with that variegated color thread-which seems to be
metallic. Did have trouble with needle breaking thread-
switched to ball needle
slowed speed down
can't use this thread in small letters or fine detail
looks terrible in large satin stitch
Did a large 'dragonfly' from the Treasure chest and created a 'fill' for the
wings and body-the stock Dakota design was ugly and looked more like
scribbles than a dragonfly. With the wings done in variegated and the body
in pink I think-it really jumped off the tote bag!
Had tried a company 'name' with small thin letters in the variegated and it
continually broke thread. So we use it only for larger fill and larger
letters-not for columns or lines that are narrow, and no lettering that is
skinny.
Speed made a big difference-had to run it somewhere around 700 or so I
think.
Roland