[amayausers] Re: magna-glide bobbin

  • From: Kushnerick <bkushner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2006 10:38:17 -0700

Roland

When you mentioned some "generic" bobbin thread you tried, that reminds
me of the time that a supplier gave us a full box of some white
"no-name" prewound bobbins that they wanted us to try .... these were
absolutely terrible. They were virtually impossible to set the tension
on because when using the tension gauge, the needle would jump
constantly and the gauge would show tensions anywhere in the range of 10
- 35 gms.

After trying half a dozen of these bobbins I gave up, phoned the
supplier and told him that he could have the bobbins back. His answer
was garbage them, we don't want them either .... so that is where that
box of bobbins went, in the garbage.

We have found the magna-glide and NEB black bobbins to be consistent and
since we use much more black bobbin thread than white, these are the
ones we have been using. Have not used Tru-Sew bobbins in black though,
only white .... and the white was very consistent and smooth running.

Bob

.