[amayausers] Re: magna-glide bobbin

  • From: Kushnerick <bkushner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2006 09:55:08 -0700

Hi Roland

As embroiderers, we all know that proper thread tensions start with the
bobbin and because of this, a smooth consistent running bobbin is
essential to high quality stitching [regardless of machine brand].

With this in mind, some time ago we started testing prewound bobbins
[tension gauge and test designs] to find out which bobbins worked best
for us and our machine. This was not any high tech lab test process and
I am certainly not suggesting that it is the definitive answer to which
prewound bobbins are the best BUT for us and our machine, the most
consistent smooth running bobbins were [in no special order]    1) the
magna-glides [sideless]   2) the NEB's [plastic side]    and   3) the
Coats Tru-Sew [paper side].

Now some machines seem to prefer one type of bobbin [sideless, plastic
or paper sides] over another but in our case, the machine doesn't really
seem to care so we are free to use any type we like. We are getting
ready to order more black bobbins [we use black 3 to 1 over white] and
will probably go with the magna-glides over NEB's or Tru-Sew ..... and
the only real reason is that with the magnet, the bobbin doesn't fall
out of the bobbin case and go rolling across the floor with me on my
ands and knees chasing it.

Have a great day.

Bob

.