[amayausers] Re: lettering settings

  • From: "Itchin To Stitch" <itchin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 10:30:01 -0500

Cindy,
I saved a post from Jack Fuller last year with recommendations on Arial-Dak.
When I come across stuff like that on the user group I print it out along
with the alphabet font sheet from DS and keep it in a small binder. I have
referred to those tips over and over, lifesavers for me!!!!
 Here is what Jack recommended for pique knit:
65/9 needle, sharp or BP
60 wt thread (this makes all the difference!!!)
Heavy cutaway backing, Solvy topping
Increase column width to 150-180
minimum ht at .18-.20
I use this font alot for small stuff with these recommendations and it works
great for me. The one thing you should remember is that this font doesn't
have tie-in or off so you may need to adust that in your lettering menu.
Good luck!
Wendy Solomonson
Itchin' To Stitch
Arlington, MN