[amayausers] Re: interesting effect on fill

  • From: "Rod or Sharon" <springer37@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 16:23:00 -0600

Mary,
My best educated guess in what may be happening in your particular case is
that in Auto-actifeed, anytime the machine is stopped, thread break or
otherwise, the material thickness will automatically jump to a thickness of
10 until the machine starts running at its normal speed. This is done so the
machine, no matter what the material thickness is, has enough thread feed to
be able to generate a tie-in properly.

Try switching back to "standard" with a material thicknes of  3 when you
stop the Amaya,  and after the Amaya gets back to it's selected running
speed, switch back to Auto-actifeed while it is running.

This should tighten up the stitch for you on the start-up in your case.

Rod Springer

Rod & Sharon Springer
Embroidery Cottage
Melco Amaya Technician & Trainers