[amayausers] Re: high stitch count on hats....

  • From: "Body Cover" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 13:50:21 -0700

Re: [amayausers] Re: high stitch count on hats....In the past when we have had
stubborn designs on unstructured hats
take your long piece of backing and give it
a light mist of spray adhesive, then as you hoop it work
the hat down flat and smooth on the  hat frame
and backing and if you have your backing flat
straight and smooth, and its hooped and clamped
your hat will stay flat and not creep around nearly as much.

Worth trying.

Ron Vinyard
Body Cover Design
1-888-435-0176

    From: Mike Garber <agraphic2@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
    Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 09:04:03 -0700
    To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

    Roland,
    I have used the WACF for unstructured hats tons.  I use one tearaway and
try to hoop tight with the clips provided on the sides.
    I have to make some adjustments to the design if it has outlines to get
them lined up.  Two tearaways sometimes help.

    Mike

    Roland R. Irish III wrote:

      Design is dictated by the size of the hat face and crown, you have the
      formula on that page, but that is only for the wide cap frame and you are
      limited by the type of hat, etc.
      Conventional CCFWAD max field is 2.75 x 6" but low profile hats can't
handle
      more than 2"-and then you lose some height because you can't sew close to
      the brim. Using the CCFWAD you are totally restricted to this area for
      sewing and you find out fast using the auto trace feature.
      Roland

        From: "HK Acree" <hkacree@xxxxxxxxxxxx> <mailto:hkacree@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
        Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 08:45:53 -0700
        To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> <mailto:amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

        The size of your design is not determined by the cap frame you use. On
page
        6-21 of the AMAYA Manual there is a formula for determining the maximum
        sewing field for caps.

        Herb