[amayausers] help with new clamps

  • From: "r.rinehartsr" <drader@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2007 16:49:00 -0500

I just put my new slimline clamps on and got a bit befuddled while reading
their instructions.  They had me loosen the 4 mounting brackets so the clamp
base will move freely in the mounting bracket. They never said to tighten them
back down when everything was installed.  Won't this cause some misallignment
of the design.  ALSO, they said install the peel and stick UHMW (never said
what that stands for) wear strip tape (not provided as told), on the top of the
sewing arm. The tape will run from the rear edge of the throat plate back. No
tape, no diagram showing what throat plate and what sewing arm.  Instructions
say the clamp will be sitting on the sewing arm.  Won't that cause a problem if
metal touches metal as the clamp moves?  And, the clamp window has 3 parts to
each size selected; 1 bright yellow is the lower window that is secured to the
base with a black knob, then there is a yellow and a stainles steel upper
window, which attaches to the clamping arm.  They never tell you which one you
use.  I am totally confused. The directions leave a LOT to be desired if you
ask me.  They tell you to do several things that are not possible (like push
the black knob that holds the lower window stright down to locate the clamp
base on top of the UHMW wear strip and set the proper height for support by the
sewing arm.  Well, it actually screws on and I don't get the rest of the babble
about a wear strip and proper height...)  I know this is kind of long, but so
is my confusion...I'm afraid to turn the machine on and try this out for fear
it may catch on something and break it.  THANKS FOR ANY AND ALL HELP!!   Debbie
Debbie Rinehart
Deb'z-N-Stitches
Martinsville, In.