[amayausers.com] Re: file name completion

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 18:11:13 UT

This message was posted by Terri H on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/3/491.html

A very odd thing has happened.  In both OS and DS, in the Open pop up window
(File -> Open), I used to be able to start typing the file name, and a list
would appear based on the letters I had typed into the File Name box, e.g. type
"B" it would give all files beginning with "B", type "BA", all files beginning
with "BA", etc.  That is no more.  It does NOT give any file names based on any
typing.  It worked just fine for years, then one day last week stopped.  No
software/hardware had been added to the PC, it had not been rebooted, etc.
Thought maybe a miracle would occur by waiting (and rebooting) but nothing has
happened.  Have not done a reinstall of OS or DS.  Any other thoughts about
what to look to fix this?

Thanks,

Terri