[amayausers] Re: feeling stupid and CCF

  • From: "Roland R. Irish III" <signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 13:57:17 -0400

Cindy....if there is nothing 'mechanical' wrong with the hooping
system or hat frame, try this...
with help from someone, take a hat and stretch it out on the hooping
'stand' without a frame...then use chalk and mark lines 1/2" UP from
the brim out-center and each edge, maybe a couple inches out.
Then draw a straight line between them. This will give you some
reference lines that you know are parallel to the brim.
Now hoop the hat as you normally would...and see where the lines end up!
If you are hooping incorrectly it will show right up. If the lines
are all parallel to the hoop strap and/or 'teeth', you will know it
isn't the hooping-its your design or something else on a slant.
I haven't used our WACF in a year, but seems to me that the hoop
strap was able to be 'offside' to where it should go? This would kick
the hat off from 'square'.
I have to use the chalk and line routine whenever I'm trying to use a
speedframe the first time with new garments...my 'eyeball' lineup was
so far off that I ruined 10 shirts in a row before we looked at
them...so much for getting it started and walking away...only coming
back to hoop the next one and not looking close!
Someone else mentioned using masking tape for marking-works great for
us! But a piece of seamstress chalk is handy also.
Roland