[amayausers] Re: fast frame question

  • From: "Roland R. Irish III" <signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2005 17:25:54 -0400

One reason the 'trace' is larger-is to allow space for that 'foot' behind
the needle-look at it-there is a 'bend' in it-and if you get too close to
the hoop edge (for the regular hoops, not the fast frame) that bar will
whack up against the hoop....not only damaging the hoop edge (yup, did it)
but also the bar hitting prevents the hoop from moving 'just that last
little umph' needed to finish a letter.
I found out by mistake using a 5" instead of a 7" hoop. The design ON THE
SCREEN fit in the hoop, but if I had done a trace I would have seen it stop
right at the last letter where I needed that little 'umpf' of space. Taught
me to ALWAYS trace design and trust it to tell me when I need to shrink the
design a little. Not worth 'pushing' the machine to potential damage!
Roland

From: "For Heaven's Sake Embroidery" <for_heavens_sake@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2005 15:38:41 -0400
To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [amayausers] Re: fast frame question

It is pretty small, but what may really be your problem ( I know it has been
mine) is the tracing.  The design traces out a tad larger, quicker, et al
than the stitched one will.  I¹ve taken to printing the design out, cutting
it out and then laying it on the spot to see if it will fit.  I then jog my
machine around to see any potential problems.  It¹s a pain, but easier than
pulling out stitches on something that messes up.