[amayausers.com] Re: fabric showing through

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2010 00:14:03 UT

This message was posted by Juli in Kona on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/2/1355.html#000007

Welcome to the wonderful world of embroidery!

Did you digitize the cheerleader yourself?  Is it in native ofm format?  Or are
all the parts showing "expanded"?  Even if they are expanded, all is not lost.
This is a little advance for a beginner, but, hey, you need it now, not later.
So  ---  What I would do, if the object on the right show that they are
expanded, is

1.  make a copy of the part in question.  So no you have two.
2.  Using the first one in the list, this will be your underlay.  Convert it to
wireframe.
3  Using the Properties, set the density to something loose, like 1.  Then set
the stitch direction perpendicular to the top stitching which is your next
object in the list.

This is kind of trial and error.  Maybe you can get away with a looser underlay
than 1 - so maybe 1.2 or perhaps a heavier density like .7 or .8.  It is so
subjective, you just have to see what works for you.  What you are doing here
is treating a fill as an underlay  - so, in this case you don't want an
underlay to this object.

If you are having problems understanding what I am saying, or if this doesn't
fit your situation, write again.  This is a solvable problem.

Juli