[amayausers.com] Re: ethernet communications

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2011 18:22:11 UT

This message was posted by Linda H on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/1/885/2.html#000018

Hi

There is also the possibility of the problem being that it is an "HP" computer.
As I have a new HP laptop that I use and had to jump through a few hoops to get
mine to run the Amaya OS10.  I also do training for Melco and was just at a
customer who also just bought a new HP laptop and his ethernet connection which
we understood to be on the main board was not coming on when the laptop booted
up and therefore when we tried to turn on the Amaya it didn't talk to it.
However the Amaya connected properly to my laptop.     I didn't know if you
were trying to connect to a laptop or a tower and if it has an integrated
ethernet chip on the main board.  (forgive me if I am not using the exact
computer geeky language)  Just a thought.

Linda
All Things By Design
and R&J Screenprinting & Embroidery.Inc.
www.randjscreenprinting.com