[amayausers.com] Re: ethernet communications

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2011 00:56:15 UT

This message was posted by levelbest on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/1/885/2.html#000017

I'm going to try and decipher - but I believe they just meant a NETWORK HUB or
SWITCH.  They are powered and if you go from your computers ethernet out to a
switch and then to the machine, you don't need a crossover cable.

However, it's probably cheaper just to get the crossover cable  :)

Even the cheapest 10/100 switches usually run $25-30 bucks.