[amayausers.com] Re: ethernet communications

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 16:11:59 UT

http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/1/885.html#000002

This is a post from last year from Rod, may help you (find it by doing a search
here 'vista problem'.

        Icon 1 posted September 09, 2008 03:40 AM      Profile for Rod or
Sharon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Jason,

In your first post, you ask.........Please help! Also does anyone experience
problems with Design SHop running on a computer with Vista.

Visa....not very popular....it does still have it's issues....and yes, other
folks do have issues with Visa.

Try this....."Right Click" on the 3D icon in the toolbar and uncheck the
"Hardware Acelleration" function. I have seen many times where this feature is
interferring with DS/OS operations. It has someting to do with the video cards
etc.....worth a try....unless you are going to run some highend video games on
your computer, this feature is not needed.....

If I may make a suggestion.....this is a process of elimination. I would
suggest that you load your software in a different computer that is not Vista
if at all possible and see if the problems still persist..

Also, make sure that all firewalls and/or virus programs are disabled prior to
installing the OS/DS software. Also, Make sure that OS/DS is the LAST programs
loaded. Loading other programs such as AI or Corel Draw on top of OS/DS may
interfer with it's operation as the registry may be changed/shared, etc......

As far as the trimmers are concerned, this is a complex issue with a great many
varibles that can affect it's function. Exit points on the column, stitch
lengths, MACHINE LUBRICATION, knife condition, hook timing, Z axis timing,
selector/cutter position, trimmer housing position, bobbin tension and the list
goes on.....

Rod Springer
Amaya Tech & Trainer