[amayausers.com] Re: do you guys use adhesive on polos?

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2010 17:04:13 UT

This message was posted by Juli in Kona on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/2/1274.html#000001

I can talk about adhesive spray!!  I have,  in the past, always used adhesive
spray.  Loved it BUT I had miss-trims, pull outs, half trims, broken needles,
hoops getting yanked open, etc until I just wanted to throw the machine out the
door ( or through the wall).  Major, major headaches!  Then one day I started a
job that I figured had close to 1 million stitches.  I didn't get 2500 stitches
into the job and already had 10 thread breaks!  This was not going to do!!!  So
I called Rod.  (I call down special blessings to this man from on high!)  First
question he asked was did I use spray glue.  Yes, but I didn't think it was the
problem.  He practically yelled at me to move that to the top of my list of
things that could be wrong.  And I meekly said OK.  OK, OK, OK -  top of the
list!  He suggested I do a WD40 wash.  A What?  Well, to make a long story
short, I did it and low and behold, no miss-trims, no broken needles, no
troubles.  My machine goes and goes without thread br
 eaks or any trouble at all.  Life, now, is good!

So, the moral of the story is, don't use spray glue. I use the iron-on No-Show
and it works like a dream and doesn't present the problems that glue does.  A
little more time to iron it on, but it sure does stabilize the material.

Just my $.02

Juli