[amayausers.com] Re: cut out of design

  • From: "Roland R. Irish III" <signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 17:38:38 -0500

If there is an auto matic way I'd love to know it...
I just take the 'normal' line tool, and 'trace' the letters after
clicking the 'oval' with the 'add hole' button. You have to
click it again for each letter...but you'll end up with what you need.
Don't forget to allow 'overlap' under the letters-that hides any
shifting of the letter thread as it sews.
But on some things like this-the letters look better if you don't do the
'knockout' underneath...just decrease the density of the letters a little
since they will have a good solid fill (underlayment) under them.
The letters will be 'raised' above the fill and look real sharp!
But if you are doing a large design-the 'knockout' can remove
several thousand stitches and speed things up...

Roland

On Nov 20, 2008, at 4:49 PM, Michele Zimmer wrote:

Hi,

A question in Design shop pro…

I am making a oval fill with two letters inside. Is there a way to automatically cut the lettering shape out of the fill underneath?

TIA!!!

Michele Zimmer
Carefree Creations
Michele@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx